Compiling Vim 5.4c

Hello,

I tried compiling Vim-5.4c and could not succeed. When I type make
(after configure), the program aborts when trying to compile getchar.c
where it tries to access a file hangulin.c. Even if itry to disable it
by means of arguments to configure or through feature.h, it still
tries to look for that non-existent file. Where can I get it or what
is the workaround? Any help will be appreciated.

TIA,

sridhar

P.S: BTW, is there a deb of the above package? Could not find it even
in potato.