Re: ZIP disk modules

-> I compiled a kernel with ZIP disk support using modules. I also
-> included the module autoloader. After modifying '/etc/fstab' I could
-> mount the ZIP drive with 'mount /zip'. Nowadays it claims that I have
-> to load a module with insmod. What modules should I insert? I
-> tried 'ppa.o' together with some 'scsi*.o' stuff. Why isn't the
-> module auto loader taking care of this?

the loader doesn't work when you intall new modules into
/lib/modules/<version> directory. you must add them manually or restart
kernel.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz