Re: netscape4.5 problem under slink

Xiaonan Ma <xiaonan@ee.tamu.edu> writes:

> Just found on the debian list that you two had the same problem with
> netscape45 as what I am having now, i.e.,
>
> ERROR: /usr/lib/netscape/45/communicator/plugins/libnullplugin.so:
> undefined
> symbol: FE_GetToplevelWidget
> Cant load plugin
> /usr/lib/netscape/45/communicator/plugins/libnullplugin.so.
> Ignored.
> Warning:
>     Name: openOrBringUpBrowser
>     Class: XfeButton
>     Creating an active drop site with no drop proc.
>
> Error: Cannot perform malloc
>
> Did any of you already solve this problem? If so, could you please help me
> out? I am running slink.

I gave up with the complete communicator/navigator deb packages and
went back on using an original netscape tarball together with the
wrapper package (i.e. netscape4_4.0-15.deb for now). It works, however
*not* together with the 'plugger' (Netscape Mime Plug-in) deb package,
which causes a bus error.

I never got an answer to the 'Cannot perform malloc' problem neither
on the list nor to my official bug report -- seems too hard a nut even
for the proffs (or too uninteresting?)

Greetings,
joachim