Re: Screenshot utility for Debian?

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, George Bonser wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Paul Seelig wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Randy Edwards wrote:
>> > Could someone tell me if there is a utility to create screenshots
>> > packaged for Debian?
>> >
>> Install the imagemagick package and then do "man import".
>xv does it too.
And ee and ksnap and and the GIMP and whatever you name.  But one
still needs to point and click.

With "import" it's actually just the command prompt or a shell script
to execute.  A very comfortable option IMHO since this can be very
well integrated into a window manager menu.  I usually only press the
"Print" key on my keyboard to produce a screenshot.  Having to fire up
a click'n'drool utility just to make a screenshot is far too
cumbersome for me.
                                Cheers, P. *8^)
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------
   --------------- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig -----------------