Re: inword() charset in X

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 05:20:05PM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      /etc/gpm.conf has an option, -l, that defines the characters that
> may be included in a word for selection.
>
>      Where is the equivalent option or variable for selection in X?
>
>      Is the selection function built into xbase, or is it a separate
> program?

This is totally dependent on the application in question, as far as I
know.  I think there are X resources to control what xterm thinks a word
boundary is -- I don't know about the other terminal emulators.  See the
section CHARACTER CLASSES in the xterm manpage for more info.

As far as other apps go, this may be determined in a widget-set specific
fashion, or not configurable at all.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |      One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                 |      engineering.  "Supernatural" is a