gnome dependencies problem

I'm trying to install gnome from one of it's mirrors, and having some
dependecy problems I can't figure out.
Dselect allows me to select all the required base files, except when I
select the "orbit" package, dselect gives me a dependency error saying that
liborbit0 is required by orbit.  The only problem is, is I already have
liborbit0 installed, and dselect even indicates that.  It's looking for ver.
0.3.0-1, which is exactly what I have installed (from the same mirror site -
ftp.cuc.ml.org/mirrors/ftp.gnome.org)

Any suggestions here?  I've even gone through, removed liborbit0, and all
gnome files, then reselected them to no avail.

Thanks,

Brian