Trackball in X

Now trying to use a built in trackball from my laptop as the mouse, and
can't seem to make it work.  A serial mouse attached to the back works just
fine.  Is there another device name (other than /dev/ttyS0) that I need to
use from the XF86Setup?  I haven't tried all of them, but is there a
particular mouse type (microsoft, logitech, auto) that works best on these
trackballs?  I've enabled it in CMOS, so it should work ok.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks again everyone.

Brian