Re: lilo.conf~ syntax question??

> olleh<
> i am trying to configure Lilo to give me a choice between booting NT,win98,
> and Linux...first, how do i determine what partition the MS O.S.'s (i.e.
> hda2,3, etc...) reside on...once i have determined where they dwell, should i
> use the following syntax in lilo.conf to give me the choice between O.S.'s?

If you want to make a choice between WinNT/98, why do you boot into dos in
the example below?
But yes, the syntax is correct.
Just make sure you include all the
boot=/dev/hdXX
root=/dev/hdXX
messages that come right in the beginning of lilo.conf

And to see where your partitions are, either break out the
windows startup disk and do
fdisk c: or fdisk d: or whatever
Or do it in linux
fdisk /dev/hda
fdisk /dev/hdb etc.
or
cfdisk /dev/hda
And so on.

Andrew
Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | c680789@showme.missouri.edu
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |