Re: Debian goes big business? [was: Re: Suggestion for RedHat (

<<<Just to remind you: the free nature of Debian would even allow a Bill
Gates to bundle his own Debian disk set and sell it for big bucks
without giving back a single dime. This would probably the moment i
would quit Debian.  >>>

Linux, and Debian in particular, opposes everything B.G. and MS stands
for.

	A kingdom at war with itself will collapse.
	A home divided against itself is doomed.
		--Mark 3:24-25

I think this saying applies in this case as well. I really don't think
B.G. going to start selling Linux (in fact, I think the day he does Linux
will have achieved L.Tordvalds' goal). But even if B.G. were to begin
bundling and selling Debian GNU/Linux, he can never "control" GNU
software and thus he can never milk users of GNU software for everything
he can get. So I really think the day he does this is not a day for
despair, but a day for celebration.

shawn_harrison@tyndale.com