Re: what cd-writer ?

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 frleg@infonie.fr wrote:

> I am currently using an IDE CDR's with no problem. The main point is to buy a CDR with
> as more as possible memory in it !
> franck

<SNIP>

that only matters on IDE.  With SCSI models, I've used drives w/ anywhere
from 501k to 2MB(my own) and never once had a buffer underrun.  I think
the only time I've ever seen the buffer drop below 85% full was while
playing Quake and loading netscape (and I don't have that fast of a
machine).  IDE can't handle data going both ways that fast, but SCSI can.
Yet another reason to go SCSI!

-Dan