Re: Video card

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 05:21:29PM +1000, Peter Eades wrote:
> > I am thinking of upgrading my current s3 trio 1 mg video card to sothing
> > a bit nicer (Feed up with "unable to alocate default background"
> > messages) and was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for cards
> > which "run well under Debian" 2D/3D might be nice??
>
> Do you have AGP? I just bought the Riva-128-based Diamond Viper V330 (4mb)
> yesterday, to replace my PCI S3 Trio64V+ (2mb). Seems pretty nice.

I am restricted to a PCI type. I am lead to wonder however what would
people consider to be the perfect Debian (Or linux in general) system
maybe this is somthing that we should be thinking about for inclusion on
the web page. I know there are lists of supported hardware, but thats
not quite the same thing is it??
Pete