Re: Debian goes big business?

On 19 Jan 1999 16:55:29 -0600, John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> said:
> Shawn writes:
>> I am all for a for-profit business forming as a value-added seller
>> of Debian products. Such a business could focus on
>> pre-installations, packaging and marketing, and user support.

> Exactly!  This is just the sort of company I would love to
> participate in.

> I have cross-posted this to debian-devel.

onShore, Inc., my company, (not yet listed on the consultants page --
too busy with work and Slink right now) sells bundled GNU/Debian
systems, including hardware and support.  We are resellers for most
major manufacturers.  We're basically a consulting company (business
to business), not an ISP or box pusher.  We also do a lot of
open-source development and the like.  FWIW, I'm actually starting a
push right now to offer bundled Debian/Sparc boxes, since we're also
Sun resellers, and since the Sparc architecture has a lower TCO and
scales better than x86.

We operate out of Chicago and NYC (312 850-5200 and 212 254-0063).