install script

I know this is going to sound cheesy to all you hardcore guys out there, but
is there a way to bring back the install script that comes with slink at the
beginning of the install process?  It's the script that let's you choose
certain categories of packages rather than searching 1 by 1 for packages in
deselect you want to install.  I know it's more fun to do it 1 by 1, but I'd
like to get a system up and going with X, gnome, netscape, etc. as quickly
as possible without a lot of fuss about configuring files, etc.  I'm kind of
trying to prove to my IT director that Linux isn't as difficult as he thinks
it is, and I want to walk through a demo real quick with him.

Thanks again.

Brian Morgan