Re: Linux Problem

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 06:48:01 -0800, Nuno Donato wrote:
> I have seen some screenshots, and now I have it. But I don't know how to
> put it to work. I only see a Dos-like shell.

If I've understood you correctly, you have completed the installation of the
base system (as per
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/install.html).

> How can I run AfterStep or other shell to have a Windows like shell?

Read
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/dselect.beginner.html
on how to use "dselect". Using "dselect", you can install "Afterstep" and
the various packages it depends on (e.g. an X server which will give you the
"Windows-like" environment).

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,