Re: apt-get to upgrade from hamm to slink.

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:

> > >What happens if my ppp link dies in the middle?
> >
> > apt-get will pick up the download when you re-connect, keeping
> > downloaded packages in /var/cache/apt/archives with partial downloads
> > in [...]/partial.  It doesn't install a thing until it's downloaded
> > the lot, so make sure you have enough disk space.
>
> What happens if you don't have enough disk space?!!

Well space in the archive is checked before download begins so it probably
shouldn't happen. But if you run out then it will abort will lots of
errors and never call dpkg. If you run dpkg and then run out you -should-
be fine but strange things have been reported...

Jason