Re: help to make something work

Thank you for the responses.

About those:
- this is a experimental instalation, and
  although I have little space on disk, I tried
  to install one application at time, so there was
  always at least 20-30 Mb free.
- in startup, the kernel says:
    Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug - workaround enabled
- I tried installing Netscape as a normal user issuing
  the su command...

All these with no results.

.