fetchmail, exim, fvwm95, and netscape mail

I would like to use fetchmail to get my mail of a POP3 server, exim to
sort it, and deal with the SMTP interaction with fetchmail, and Netscape
mail to read it, and to compose outgoing mail with.

Firstly, I got fetchmail & exim working together by using:
	exim -bd
	fetchmail -d 300
with the following ~/.fetchmailrc
	server mail-serv.eng.cam.ac.uk
	proto POP3
	user <my_mail_username>
	pass <my_password>
	smtphost <my_local_host>.<my_domain>
	keep
and fetchmail regularly checked for mail, and if there was any, downloaded
it, and emim appended it to the file
	/var/spool/mail/<user>.
Also, in X and fvwm95, an envelope symbol appeared in the bottom right
hand corner of the screen, which went white if there was unread mail in
the file above.  It also beeped on new mail arrival, and on double-click
tried to launch pine (although I don't have it, so it didn't work).
I then added a ~/.forward file, which saved messages in the ~/nsmail
directory according to who sent them.  However, this meant the envelope
and beep feature in fvwm95 no longer worked.  I could launch netscape
mail, and its folders had changed appropriately, but it was confused by
this, and didn't realise I had new mail.
Two things I would like to do:
	1. Have exim sort my mail, but retain the fvwm notification.
	2. Have netscape acknowledge new mail from exim sorting
	3. Have the fvwm notification thingy launch netscape mail on
double clicking, not pine. (ok, I can't count)

Could anyone give any hints on solving any of these problems, please.

Thanks a lot
Rich