Re: RPM under Debian?

Jernej Zajc <jernej@4u.net> writes:

> this is Linux newbie and just-heard-about-Debian asking:

> is there support for RPM package management under Debian? The
> website doesn't meantion it, not even for the upcoming 2.1
> release. Did I miss something?

In addition to the answer you've already got: I have a feeling that
your question might be caused by articles in magazines that sometimes
recommend Redhat or another RPM-based distributions because of the
ease-of-use compared to less sophisticated installation systems.

In that case you should know that Debian's native packaging
system, .deb, is at least as sophisticated as RPM and will give
you the same advantages. In fact we find deb to be a technically
superior tool.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm