Re: compiling mc: glib.h sought for at the wrong place

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:03:36 +0000 (GMT), Marc Haber wrote:

[...]
>glib is present in /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h and has been
>placed there by the Debian setup. I believe that configure doesn't
>properly catch this.
>
>I don't have a clue about the conventions where to place include files
>and would suggest changing configure/Makefile to include
>/usr/lib/glib/include into the include directories.

As a quick hack you can always create a symbolic link so that the compiler
finds the include file.

If you include a source file as follows

  #include <foobar.h>

this file must be present in /usr/include in order to be found. Thus, create a
link like this:

  ln -s /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h /usr/include/glibconfig.h

and you should be done.

>Is that an mc or a Debian problem?

I guess it's a Debian problem. The glibc package should be responsible for its
include files to be found without user intervention.

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!