Re: Vedr: New installation - Xserver failure

Quoting faoho@ringamt.dk (faoho@ringamt.dk):
> >The Xserver can's start.
> >It's looking for a file, that doesn't exist: /usr/bin/X11/XF86_NONE
> >It shouldn't look for that file - but for the XF86SVGA, I guess.
> >
> >I guess there is a configurationsfile somewhere, in which I have
> >to change the XF86_NONE to >XF86SVGA.
> >
> >What file is that???
>
> Wouldn't it be an easy solution to change the name of the existing XF86SVGA
> - file to the requested name XF86_NONE?

Apologies if I've missed some sort of joke, but that's the kind of
change which is easily made on a linux system, leading you gently
towards a state where things don't quite work correctly, but nobody
can help you fix it because nothing quite matches the documentation.

For example, why not get rid of root? Change the first four characters
of /etc/passwd to something else. No problem: superuser privilege
comes from being 0, not from the name root. The trouble is, before
long something will break.

Cheers,