Re: AMD K6-2 / Bogomips problem

pat@patoche.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think i have a problem with one of my new K6-2 box.
>
> I have two boxes : same motherboard (ASUS P5A) , same amount of memory
> (128Mo).
> Same output of /proc/cpuinfo for both
>
> *except* for bogomips.
>
> One is a 350MHz and it gives me ~350 Bogomips
> the other is a 400MHz and it gives me ~800 Bogomips
>
> I think there is a problem. What do you think ?
> What should i check first ?

Interesting. I too am using a K6-2. My /proc/cpuinfo reads:

  processor       : 0
  cpu             : 586
  model           : 8
  vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
  stepping        : unknown
  fdiv_bug        : no
  hlt_bug         : no
  f00f_bug        : no
  fpu             : yes
  fpu_exception   : yes
  cpuid           : yes
  wp              : yes
  flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
  bogomips        : 699.60

My motherboard is an AOpen AX59Pro. I'm not over-clocked however. I'm
also using the kernel I installed with too.

--
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __