How to split Debian digests?

Is there a good tool to split debian-user digests into invidual
articles?

I'm currently using "formail +1 -ds" (formail is from the procmail
package), but it has the following problems:
 * It includes the digest boundary line (a line of dashes) in each
   message.
 * It seems to break MIME messages: Gnus (tm, actually) isn't able to
   process them, though it processes MIME articles in newsgroups
   properly. I don't know if this is related to the above.
 * Sometimes, if a message on the list contains a full copy of another
   message, formail splits the message in two: the "container" message
   and the message included in it.
(Have any of these been fixed in newer versions of procmail? I have
procmail 3.10.7-6 (from hamm, I think).)

I tried splitdigest, but it didn't seem very robust, and didn't use
the information in the MIME headers of the digest (Content-Type:
multipart/digest, boundary="---...", etc.). Also, it seemed to include
the list of "today's topics" as an invidual message.

Are there others? I'd prefer something that actually used the
Content-Type header for the boundary (in a word, I'd like RFC 1341
compliance).

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi