Re: C++ book.

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 00:32:39 +0200, shaul wrote:
> How about the 3rd edition of Stroustrup's book ?

In my opinion (mainly formed by the 2nd edition, though I've looked at the
3rd too) Stroustrup's book is bad, both for beginning, intermediate and
advanced users. For beginning and intermediate users of C++, too much
knowledge is assumed; for advanced users, the text is not precise enough.

> Is it better then the new edition of the C++ Primer ?

I've found the C++ primer to be much easier to digest.

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 16:46:31 -0600, Wesley Simon wrote:
> I use C++: How to program by H.M. Deitel and P.J. Deitel

A collegue of mine has this, and is quite enthusiastic about it.

Another recommendation, for beginning programmers, is "On to C++" by Wilson
(I don't have my copy handy; sorry for the lack of details).

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks