Re: inetd web server.

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 04:53:35PM -0500, Sergey Imennov wrote:

	Among other things, I use my Debian system to
	develop web pages.  For a while I'm looking for a
	web server ( preferably as 'light' as possible),
	that would work^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H was designed to
	work from inetd.

	While I know that almost every server has a
	ServerType <inetd|standalone> directive in its
	config files, I'm reluctant to use it, because,
	well, I'm under the impression that they aren't
	'optimized' for inetd.

Have a look at wn. Our servers (for the most part) run apache, but I
have wn installed on my workstation so I can test cgi scripts, etc.
without adding to network/server load. Works fine.

Luck,
--
your man pann