local web proxies

This might be a silly question, but what I want to do is extract
information from possibly frame-based web sites, and reformat it, and
offer it as a web page on the localhost.  For example, I like to do a
crossword on the web.  Can I automatically download the grid and the clues
from  the web-page when I first logon (in the background), and also get
the answers from the previous one, and then use the localhost server to
allow filling in, without re-attatching to the remote server.

Hope that makes sense.

Any suggestions are welcome, including 'that's a silly idea, don't even
bother trying'.

Thanks in advance
Rich Harran