Re: looking for comment on HP-710 printer

> Hi all,
>
> anybody using this printer?
> Is well supported with Linux?
> Any Problems?
> Any Cons?

I have one.  It is a windows printer, but somebody managed to reverse
engineer the format for black and white printing.  His program can be
combined with ghostscript and gives excellent (good and fast) 600dpi
printing results under linux.  For color printing `work is in progress',
and I am using aladdin gs5.50 under windows.  From this you can print to
a windows printer driver.  It only seems to do 300dpi (black and white
too), and is slow as hell.  The color prints are among the best I have
seen though (comparing to deskjet 690C, 8??).  See

http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/index.html

HTH,

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032