Re: "Can't load libc5.so.m" when starting XFree 86 (3.3.2)(matrox G200 card)

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 05:09:35PM +0100, Marc Fleureck wrote:
> Configuration: XFree 86 3.3.2 and Matrox G200 video card
>
> I downloaded xmatrox-2.2-0.i386.rpm from XSuSE, converted it to
> debian package with alien and unpacked xsuseconfig. Then I ran
> xf86config but it dies wirh "can't load libc5.so.m" (same with startx).
SuSE is still libc5 based. Either get the glibc binaries from
ftp.xfree86.org (besser solution) or install libc5 (faster solution)

> I don't know anything about compatibilty (libc5 <--> libc6). Please
> point me in the wright direction. Please e-mail. Thanks.
No problem to have both of them installed. I even have libc4 for some
really old binaries where the source does not compile anymore. The binary
works flawlessly though.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *