Re: anyone tryed to compile diald under debian?

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 09:53:07 +0100, Ries van Twisk wrote:
> Currently i'm doing my first baby steps under Linux (Debian).
> Currently all is up and running, but my first chalange is to
> compile diald (dail up deamon).

Have you looked at how the Debian diffs to see how the Debian diald packages
is compiled?

> Anyway: I'm getting to following error: if I do a make 'make depend'. I'm
> getting a lot of warnings. If I do a make, no object file is generated
>
> What the hell i'm doing wrong??

Noone can tell, without having the a detailed log available of what you're
doing exactly (consider using script(1) to record what you're doing) and
what errors/warnings you get. It could for instance be that you haven't
installed all the packages necessary for compiling diald.

HTH,
Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig