Re: How to mail a file?

> On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 01:28:48PM +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
>
>  : I believe there's a command for e-mailing a file without having to use an
>  : MTU, but directly from the command line.  mailx, smail,... any ideas?
>
> For text files:
>   mail -s 'your subject' recipient < file.txt
>
> For binary files:
>   uuencode file.bin file.bin | mail -s 'your subject' recipient

This is the old unix way.  If you want everyone (including windows
users) to be able to decode the mail, you should use mime.  This can be
done with mpack:

mpack -s <subj> -d <description_file> <file> <address>

See man mpack, it comes in the mpack .deb package.  My question: is
there a way to send more than one file in a mail this way?

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032