Re: Dselect-problem (new user)

If you have an IDE CDROM, watch out for BIOS messages
during boot time and see if the CD is installed as
Primary/Secondary Master/Slave. These are the device
names to use:

Primary Master: /dev/hda (Very unlikey; it should be your Hard disk)
Primary Slave: /dev/hdb
Secondary Master: /dev/hdc
Secondary Slave: /dev/hdd

If you have SCSI, I have no clue.

Hope this helps,
Bye, nram                      nram@nram.virtualAve.net
|Linux Now             |             Ramesh Natarajan |
|http://www.kernel.org |   http://nram.virtualAve.net |
      In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
(The conviction of the rich that the poor are happier is no
more foolish than the conviction of the poor that the rich are.)
-- Mark Twain