Re: timezone

On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 03:33:11PM -0500, servis@purdue.edu spewed forth:

> This has now been fixed in the latest(updated today(1/13/99)) slink
> packages, notice the new version numbers, not just the Debian revision.

Woo.

Looks like this fixes my problems with the hamm-beta system I'm trying
to upgrade to slink:

gusgus:~ # apt-get update
Get ftp://ftp.debian.org slink/contrib Packages
Get http://non-us.debian.org slink/non-US Packages
Get ftp://ftp.debian.org slink/main Packages
Get ftp://ftp.debian.org slink/non-free Packages
Fetched 594k in 1m9s (8500b/s)
Updating package file cache...done
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...dependency error
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
dependencies:
  apt: Depends:libc6
gusgus:~ # apt-get -f install
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...dependency error
Correcting dependencies...ok
  libc6-dev libc6
2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 280 not
upgraded.
Need to get 1852k of archives. After unpacking 119k will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

I'll do the actual upgrade tonight when I'm sitting in front of the machine.

Thanks!

PeeWee

--
email: peewee@scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ - efnet: Pwe
"Bad signs are everywhere coach. I tend to ignore them" The Era of Big Numbers