Caldera Netware

Hallo everyone,
	I need to get my Debian 2.0 box on the Novell network at work. I found the
Caldera NetWare stuff including the client software for a GNU/Linux system. Now I have
a couple of problems with this, first it's in .rpm format. That's ok because 'alien' converts
everything to .deb format, second it's libc5. I was trying to avoid all libc5 stuff because I
didn't want to get confused over library versions.
	So does anyone know of a libc6 version?
	While I try to convert the nwclient to .deb format I hit a problem and I don't know
how to solve it. This is what I did.

	alien --to-deb nwclient-4.1.6-4.i386.rpm

first it complained about the missing libc5 library, so I installed that, the it complained about
a missing libstdc++.so.27, so I figured that the closest thing to this was libstdc++.so.2.7.2 so I
did,
	ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++2.7.2 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.27

and now it's giving the following error,

	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwdelqjob.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwlogin.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwlogout.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwmount.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwmsg.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwpasswd.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwprint.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwqstat.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwsend.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	gzip: usr/man/man8/nwwhoami.8.gz already has .gz suffix -- unchanged
	dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: ldd on `debian/tmp/usr/lib/modules/nkfs.o' gave error exit status 1
	make: *** [binary-arch] Error 11
	alien: Package build failed.

I'm not too worried about the "-- unchanged" lines, but the dpkg-shlibdeps failure is a
problem. As this is 'unsupported' I can't exactly ask caldera and I don't really want to join
another mailing list.
	They do waffle on about adding streams and stuff to the kernel, but I don't quite
know if that is just if you're configuring a GNU/Linux - NetWare server of what.

	All help gratefully received.