HELP: postgresSQL problems...

hello,

i am just trying to get a postgres database to run on my debian-slink system...
i did just recompile a kernel, made the latest debian updates and when
following the sections of the install manual i get:
erm1:~$ uname -a
Linux erm1 2.2.0-pre6 #1 Wed Jan 13 15:35:06 CET 1999 i686 unknown
erm1:~$ postmaster -i
IpcMemoryCreate: memKey=5432010 , size=24588 , permission=448IpcMemoryCreate:
shmget(..., create, ...) failed: Identifier removed
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
IpcMemoryIdGet: memKey=5432010 , size=24588 , permission=0IpcMemoryIdGet:
shmget() failed: Identifier removed
This type of error is usually caused by impropershared memory or System V IPC
semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat() failed: Invalid argument
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment
erm1:~$ cat /usr/src/linux/.config |grep IPC
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y

as far as i can tell (didn't find any version switch on the postgres
components) it is postgresSQL 6.3

now i looked into the FAQ and on the problem that the postmaster reports it
tells, that IPC-stuff is missing in the kernel...

now i explicitely payed attention to that (as you can see from the kernel
config file exerpt above) so i am a bit clueless about what to try now...

please make a CC to me directly if responding, we have here a very short
newsfeed,  and i am not (yet) subscribed to debian-user....

--
ciao
bboett