Re: tricky installation problem!

> my question is: what is the next level of help available? who are the gurus?
A good number of them are here....(not myself though)
> but here's why i'm asking...

<snip>

> does mr. steven reisman have it there? is the solution to change the source
> code of the install files? (if so, how do i get the source, which source, a
> compiler etc etc all for dos?)

Cross-compiling the boot floppies is not recommended. You need to get
someone to get the boot-floppies source, add the patch, and build a custom
install floppy.

> does the solution involve the computer manufacturer? is there something about
> the video chip (cirrus logic 7548 pci)?

It seems the chip is the problem, and the symptoms support this. The boot
disk mis-identifies the chip.

> so, are there any debian gurus out there who love tricky problems?

Dunno - more to the point is - do you trust any of us enough to have us
build a hacked install floppy for you?

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo