Re: removing ^M from a text file

Hi,

Try
$cat file | col -b > file.plain.txt

This is also great way to transform man output to plain text.
$ man date | col -b > man.date.txt

Hope this helps,
Bye, nram                      nram@nram.virtualAve.net
|Linux Now             |             Ramesh Natarajan |
|http://www.kernel.org |   http://nram.virtualAve.net |
      In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture
available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people
want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want.
-- Clive Barnes