Mixing old libs with current libs...problem?

Hi all-

Are there any problems with installing old libs on a system that also
contains their current version (libc5 with libc6)? I'm trying to build
windomaker 0.50.2, but I couldn't with the libc6 libs (I have the devs
installed too), so I am currently downloading the old libc5 versions.
Is this cool? or did I miss the boat on something here?
--
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __