Re: file managers

In a message dated 1/11/99 7:06:12 PM Central Standard Time, clavoie@enter-
net.com writes:

> BTW, the Linux Explorer has been renamed to X-Plorer (Other than linux
>  support) and hasn't been updated in quite a long time, especially for
>  a linux thingie. But it's a good way to ease the windows to linux process.

I found it, and it's probably the one I'll use.  It's not so much the ease of
going from Windows to Linux I'm after, but I much prefer the look and feel of
the Windows explorer to most of the Linux counterparts.  Probably the two main
things I didn't like about the Linux programs were overly large buttons that
could have been made much smaller (and taken up less space) and the confusing
and cluttered file listing boxes.  I use Linux mostly on my laptop (it's the
PC I live on) and don't have a huge display.  Hence most of the file lists
showed 10 files with text wrapped all over the place.  It was ugly, and
confusing.  I know, I know - I should write my own version, but I'm not that
adept - yet.

Thanks for the help guys.