Re: Why not as a newsgroup?

> On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 01:09:59AM -0800, Martin Waller wrote:
>
> > I for one would no longer to be able to get the list.  I access the
> > internet through a firewall.  The policy is restricted viewing only of
> > some newsnet news groups.
> >
> > There is no way to either connect to a different news server nor post to
> > usenet.
> >
> > So the newsgroup way would be impossible for me to access.
>
> OHHHH, pity you... Can't afford a private ISP? Come on, this is the most
> ridiculous argument I've ever read. If your employer's net access doesn't work
> properly, get a real ISP account for home.

For one thing, there are people that cannot afford this, and it is
nothing to make fun of or post derogatory comments on.  For another,
people could be using debian on their work, and it would be silly to
have to use your private isp account to be able to fix problems with
your debian boxes at work.

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032