Re: databases and `mail merge'

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:

> Two options for you:

> 1. Use something like PHP3 to create an HTML file, then print from
> netscape.

> 2. Use embedded perl (I think its in the eperl package) to embed
> commands from the perl packages for Postgres (check CPAN
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN for the Perl Database packages)  Hope this
> helps. Your idea is neat! Perhaps release the database as public domain.
> In a few months, with volunteers, it could encompass several hundred
> schools.

Or python using pygres to communicate with Postgres and producing LateX
output.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his
      courts with praise. Be thankful unto him, and bless
      his name."           Psalms 100:4