Re: Printing on win95

"Brant Wells" <dafyre@hotmail.com> writes:

> I've got samba set up to where I can print to a shared printer... But
> the files have to be text files, and I have to do it manually from the
> smb:> prompt.... :(
>
> WP8 will go through the motions, but will not print to the printer...
>
> I created a script for this, /usr/bin/netprint  it looks like this:
>
> *****************************
> #!/bin/sh
> smbclient \\\\dahouse\\hpdeskje shadowgate.com -U BW07442 -P -c 'print'

Shouldn't that be 'print -'?  Is "shadowgate.com" really the password?

> lp1¦Deskjet:\
     ^

That should be an ASCII "VERTICAL LINE" "|", not an ISO-8859-1 "BROKEN
BAR".

Try the script from the command line, i.e.

    netprint < printme.txt

Once that works, try it with lpr:

   lpr -Plp1 printme.txt

_Then_ work on WP8.

		  Larry froze.  Was the bag a trap?
  He could see the way in, but the other end appeared to be sealed.