Re: 'time' protocol client/server for Debian?

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Chris R. Martin wrote:

> Does anyone know of a simple time protocol client/server pair for
> Debian/Linux? I am refering to RFC868, not NTP.  It would be simple enough
> to write, but if someone has already done the work...

netdate?

NAME
       netdate - set date and time by ARPA Internet RFC 868

SYNOPSIS
       netdate [ -v ] [ -l limit ] [ protocol ] hostname...

DESCRIPTION
       Netdate  takes  a list of names of Internet hosts as argu
       ments, selects the one which supplies the best  time,  and
       sets the system time accordingly.  The invoker must be the

Jason