Re: HP 4000 N

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Matt Kopishke wrote:

> I am trying to set up printing on a Linux box (Slink) running lpr.  The
> printer is on a network, and has an IP address, how do I set this up?  I
> tried using the default network setup in the printcap that magicfilter
> make and pluging in the IP, but it does not work,
> Thanks,

I use lprng not lpr,

hplj4000n:HP Laserjet 4000 N:\
        :lp=hplj4000n@localhost:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4000n:\
        :bq=raw@hp4000n.priv.deltatee.com:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ps-hplj-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

> BTW: I also need to have WordPerfect print, and from what I can see it
> uses it's own priter setup, how would I set this up?

Tell it that it is a postscript printer and then make it feed into lpr.

Jason