CD-sound problem

Hi Everyone,

I have recompiled the kernel to support sound and all sound applications,
which I tryed (midi-, wav-, au- players, xmix), work except CD. No sound
at all.

I aslo have noticed that if I boot win95 and then linux without powering
off the computer, the xmix does not work, but CD works. Thus, I conclude
that I made a mistake in setting up the sound card parameters or something
similar.

Any suggestions what I should check?

Thank you,

ZORO

                       Take these broken wings and learn to fly...
       ///|\\\
         0 0
    (     .     )            http://pages.nyu.edu/~rqf6512
          -