RE: Remote Booting Question

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Messinger <bmessin@3-cities.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, January 07, 1999 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: Remote boot question

>If I understand you correctly you are just trying to re-boot win95 pc's
>from a Linux box. Is this right? Ok, here is the easy solution. Many
>will cringe and scoff, but it works and it is free. Use BackOrofice
>(yea, the one from the "cult of the dead cow"). It should work great for
>this. It is free and can be configured so as to be secure.

Actually, we were trying to remove the OS from the clients altogether;
although if I am understanding you correctly :

1)  Windows will boot and can then be configured to reboot immeditely using
the OS stored remotely on the server

2)  BackOffice can be configured to ensure safety (I've never heard that
said before)

3)  The Linux server (client) is readily available (and not difficult to
find)

Is this correct?

>You will need "BackOrofice" server to place on the win95 pc's, and the
>BackOrofice Linux client to control them.

I found the BackOffice serveron the M$ site.  Where may I locate the Linux
system and are there any tips to configuration?