Samba

Greetings Folks,

I'm having a bit of a snafu with Samba... and its clearly a security issue.
 I *think* its a security issue with linux itself, rather than the samba.

Here is what I'm trying to achieve:

Laserjet 4 attached to lp1, available and shared across the network to my
four NT servers, my 98 laptop, and my linux laptop.  In network
neighborhood, I can see the Linux server in question, expand to see the
shares available (minus the printer), yet I can't map a printer.  Tried the
net use command as well.

I want one file share, and one file share only :)  Called "www" which
allows my username "frederic" (not root) to have read/write/create access
to the /home/httpd directory.

The account "frederic" ended up being user "500" and group "500".  I've
read the man pages for a while, and don't quite get this.  Anyone have a
good link to a linux security/admin/samba config designed for people who
can barely sign on?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my config:

[global]
   workgroup =XEPHIC
   comment = Prod0 Samba
   volume = cdrom

; printing = BSD or SYSV or AIX, etc.
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

; Uncomment this if you want a guest account
  guest account = pcguest
   log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
; Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb)
   max log size = 50

    short preserve case = yes
    preserve case = yes

; Security and file integrity related options
   lock directory = /var/lock/samba
   locking = yes
   strict locking = yes
;   fake oplocks = yes
   share modes = yes

   security = user

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes
   create mode = 0750

[www]
   path = /home/httpd
   case sensitive = no
   guest ok = yes
   locking = no
   read only = no
   browseable = yes
  user=frederic
  create mode = 0700

; NOTE: There is NO need to specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
1973 Lincoln Continental (460cid)
1975 Dodge D200 3/4 ton Club Cab
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-