Re: ld: warning / not elf file? /make menuconfig

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, pjintel wrote:

> Hi
> Im using debian 2.0
>
> 1)when i tried to install wmsysmon
>
> I received this warning:
> ld: warning: libc.so.6, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so, may
> conflict with libc.so.5
>
> And when i run wmsysmon i get a segmentation fault. Does anybody know
> how I can solve this?
>
> 2) netscape communicator startup problems
> netscape: '/usr/local/netscape/plugins/cpPack1.jar.old' is not an ELF
> file ERROR: Not an ELF file
> Cant load plugin /usr/local/netscape/plugins/cpPack1.jar.old. Ignored.
>
> Netscape startups but will anyone explain how i can solve this?
>
> 3)make menuconfig
>
> Installing 2.0.36, I got this error:
> There seems to be a problem with the lxdialog companion utility which is
>
> built prior to running Menuconfig.  Usually this is an indicator that
> you
> have upgraded/downgraded your ncurses libraries and did not remove the
> old ncurses header file(s) in /usr/include or /usr/include/ncurses.
>
> It is VERY important that you have only one set of ncurses header files
> and that those files are properly version matched to the ncurses
> libraries
> installed on your machine.
>
> You may also need to rebuild lxdialog.  This can be done by moving to
> the /usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog directory and issuing the
> "make clean all" command.
>
> If you have verified that your ncurses install is correct, you may email
>
> the author <roadcapw@titus.org> or post a message on the
> linux.dev.kernel
> news group for additional assistance.
> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 139
>
> Anyone help me pls?
>
> 4) When I tried to run mtv(mpeg player)
> I get this error:
>
> debian:~/mtv# ./mtv
> ./mtv: '/usr/lib/libforms.so.0.88' is not an ELF file
> ./mtv: '/lib/libforms.so.0.88' is not an ELF file
> ./mtv: can't load library 'libforms.so.0.88'
a>

I ran mtv on redhat 4.1 and redhat 5.2 there doesn't seem to be anything
wrong
with the library but since it's saying that libforms.so.0.88 is not an ELF
file .This shows that perhaps the file is corrupted so my advise is to
download the library again.

> I had earlier on according to the README mv libforms.so.0.88 to /usr/lib
>
> and ran ldconfig:
> debian:~# ldconfig
> ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libforms.so.0.88 is not a shared library,
> skipping
> ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libpthread-mpegtv.so.0.7 is not a  shared
> library, skipping
> ldconfig: warning: /usr/lib/libpthread-mpegtv.so.0 is not a shared
> library, skipping
> ldconfig: warning: /lib/libpthread-mpegtv.so.0.7 is not a shared
> ldconfig: warning: /lib/libpthread-mpegtv.so.0.7 is not a shared
> library, skipping
> ldconfig: warning: /lib/libforms.so.0.88 is not a shared; ibrary,
> skipping
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> Thanx
Seems like the same problem. Download the library again.