Re: sysvinit: rc vs. r2d2 bahavior

In article <cistron.19990107183854.A2745@turd.mountaintop>,
Mitch Blevins  <mblevin@debian.org> wrote:
>Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
>> Another question about runlevels: Is there any chance to preserve
>> locally preserved changes? For example I changed the links (in
>> reality I use runlevel.conf instead but this doesn't matter) to
>> isdnutils, to start this only in runlevel 3 and 4 and stop it in 2 and
>> 5. Every upgrade of the isdnutils package runs
>> "update-rc.d isdnutils defaults" again and undoes my changes.
>>
>If this is indeed what is happening, then this is a bug in update-rc.d,
>and you should file a bug against dpkg.

No, update-rc.d from dpkg behaves just like the manpage tells you. But
note that Roland says "in reality I use runlevel.conf", which means he
uses file-rc or r2d2. Both come with their own update-rc.d which
might be broken.

So if someone is going to file a bug report, don't file it against dpkg,
file it against the package that actually provides the update-rc.d
that is being used.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?