Re: Upgrade 2.0 => 2.1

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 07:08:54PM +0100, Ruud de Bruin wrote:
Hi Ruud,

> Is it possible to upgrade Hamm 2.0 to Slink 2.1 or Hamm 2.1 (when
> available) with apt-get?
yes

> The reason I ask is that several packages in Slink are new/splitted up
> like xserver-common. Because these packages were not present in Hamm 2.0,
> will apt-get take these new .deb files also in account?
no some packages are not update via
apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
In my upgrading session from hamm to slink only the following packages
I had to postinstall with apt-get:
ii  xmodmap         3.3.2.3a-8
ii  xterm           3.3.2.3a-8
ii  xfonts-100dpi   3.3.2.3a-8.1
ii  xfonts-75dpi    3.3.2.3a-8.1
ii  xfonts-base     3.3.2.3a-8.1
ii  xfonts-pex      3.3.2.3a-8.1
ii  xfonts-scalable 3.3.2.3a-8.1
All other apt - get automatically and installing and configuring
also automatically, some questions have to answered and after a
while the slink is setting up completeley and running like the hamm.
I also have installed the kernel
2.0.36, isdnutils, some sound-stuff(awe-drv, awe-midi)
and kernel-package from potato which where not touched or
downgraded, so in my opinion it's a save method to upgrade.

--
   Peter