Re: WP8 Printer

AJ <artlu@intergrafix.net> wrote:
> Ok got wordperfect 8 installed.. gotta say i like heres my only
> problem:
>
> i have an epson stylus color 800 printer.. my printer isnt listed with
> the drivers..
>
> so what one do i select and after that what do i fill in so that it
> prints directly to the printer and stuff,
> thanx for your time,

Yeah, I just figured this one out. Basically, WP comes with many printer
drivers which should directly drive your printer *without* the
intervention of Ghostscript. The drivers may or may not work, but to use
them you need a raw printer driver in your /etc/printcap file.

Perhaps the easiset way for most of us to use WP is to use our regular
gostscript/magicfilter/whatever printing system. This means that we must
create postscript from our WP documents. To do this we must select a
postscript printer driver within WP. The best one for *colour* is
probably NEC Colormate PS. This will produce a nice colour postscript
document which your usual printing system can process. Don't forget that
the object of the exercise is to simply produce a good ps document - the
actual printer make you select in WP does not matter.

Hope this helps.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net