Re: how do i move all users from slakware to debian?

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 06:36:19PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

 : i am just moving our server on a new machine running debian,
 : unfortunately i do not know exactly on how to passon easily my users from
 : the old slackware machine to the new one, the new one having shadow
 : passwords.... thus i assume i can't just copy the old passwd file to the
 : new location...

On the new machine: /usr/sbin/shadowconfig off .

Now put the passwd file from the old machine in the /etc/passwd of the new
machine, beware of any double UID's etc.

Now issue /usr/sbin/shadowconfig on .

Cheers,
 -Remco